Jump to a section
Anti Bullying Ambassadors
In June 2016, thirteen Year 10 learners and two senior prefects from year 11 attended an Anti-Bullying Ambassador training Day in Blackpool organised by the Princess Diana team, also known as The Diana Award. Learners at Rayner Stephens have since had access to advice and support from trained Anti Bullying Ambassadors in school, this support can be accessed daily at break and lunch times in the school's anti-bullying base.
Every learner at Rayner Stephens has the opportunity to apply for this important role and those that are involved play an active role in promoting kindness and anti-bullying. Learners are appropriately trained and in July 2019 Learners had the opportunity once again to receive training from The Diana Award.
What is an Anti-Bullying Ambassador?
At Rayner Stephens an Anti-Bullying Ambassador is:
- Someone who demonstrates the ASPIRE values at all times!
- Someone who is passionate to show they are against bullying!
- Someone who is approachable, promotes kindness and is a good listener!
What did they learn from their training?
- Understanding the issue of bullying, facts, the effects of bullying, definition of bullying
- Practical ideas, top tips
- They received basic training looking at the skills needed to support others to stay safe
- Ideas to bring back to school to support the students at Rayner Stephens
What will the Ambassadors do at Rayner Stephens?
- Be part of a team who promotes kindness and guide others to get the support they need
- Be part of a team who are passionate about making a positive change around the school
- Be part of the duty rota at the Anti-Bullying base
- Understand confidentiality and the importance of sharing concerns if they feel others are at risk
- Attend regular Anti-Bullying Ambassador meetings
- Promote the work of the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors around school and at events
The Anti-bullying Alliance is a coalition of organisations and individuals working together to stop bullying and create safe environments in which children and young people can live, grow, play and learn.
CyberMentors is all about young people helping and supporting each other online.