Jump to a section
At Rayner Stephens we believe that all students should be inspired to develop a passion for learning, become respectful, effective and reflective lifelong learners and realise their full potential through achievement of the highest grades they can possibly achieve. We aim to ensure that students that meet the Most Able criteria have an entitlement to:
- Personalised education for all students including extension/enrichment, intellectual challenge, self-directed learning/independent learning.
- Opportunities for all students to develop specific skills and talents.
- Concern for the whole child, social, emotional and intellectual.
We are committed to developing our most able students through:
- Creating a challenging, diverse and enriching curriculum for all Most Able students across subjects and key stages, for example offering Triple Science as an option.
- Quality first teaching and learning, where teaching is effectively matched to the needs of the Most Able students including resources and homework that challenge and stretch.
- Teaching staff identified to be deployed to stretch the Most Able.
- A culture of high expectations and a celebration of excellence.
- Strong independent careers advice and guidance that raises aspirations.
- Pastoral support for Most Able students.
- CPD for staff to ensure that all staff are committed and able to meet the learning and pastoral needs of the Most Able students.
- Effective communication with parent/guardians of Most Able students.
- Enrichment activities to raise aspirations and build on learning within the classroom, including university visits.
At Rayner Stephens our most able are identified as those students who achieved KS2 scaled scores of over 110 in English and/or Maths.