The school recognises its responsibilities for Safeguarding. Our child protection statement outlines the school’s position and should be read in conjunction with the school’s Child Protection Policy. Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school. There are five main elements:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children;
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe;
- Ensuring that staff are aware of the procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse. These procedures are contained in Essential Guidance for all staff working within the Local Education Authority; including Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020
- Supporting students who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan; and
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
The following person may be approached in relation to this policy:
Mrs T Marshall - Designated Safeguarding Lead